Information is of strategic importance. It is the first step in exercising our rights. Information at the FNEEQ is therefore based on the principle of communicating the various aspects that are necessary for ensuring respect for teachers' rights. Much of the communication in this regard is done directly with the unions concerned. But information is also important politically: it is a way of backing the federation's campaigns and taking action in the social and political spheres.
The FNEEQ therefore puts out many publications, mostly in French for obvious reasons. We do, however, translate a number of documents, mainly those dealing collective bargaining or providing information about members' rights.
General information about the federation in English is available on this web site and in the pamphlet Welcome to the FNEEQ (CSN) that you can retreived. As well, we are committed to posting information about major political and sectoral news and issues in English on our main page of the web site.
Generally, we can count on the assistance of the CSN and bilingual staff to provide support for unions at English-language teaching institutions. For example, the McGill Teachers Assistants Union can benefit of informations and services in English. For the university sector, our web site also provides a leaflet and informations about the federation's work in support of sessional lecturers.
For the CEGEP sector, we make the collective agreement in English produced by the Comité patronal de négociation des collèges (CPNC) available, and systematically translate the Info Négo newsletter during rounds of public-sector bargaining. We also publish pamphlets for college teachers dealing with specific rights.
Most of the FNEEQ's political documents are, however, found on the French part of our web site. These include :
- Carnets, a magazine
- Carnet collegial, a magazine
- Most of the FNEEQ's news releases, on the home page in French
- Briefs prepared by the FNEEQ for ministerial or governmental consultations
- Most letters to the editor and opinion or op-ed pieces
- Some information leaflets about the FNEEQ
- Documents from decision-making bodies and conferences
- The main documents submitted to sectoral decision-making bodies (CEGEPs, universities, private institutions)
- Documents, articles and files from the various committees (international action, school and society, insurance and pensions, women, contingent work, health and safety and the environment)
There are a number of links that let you go directly to the French-language site, where you will find these documents.